Well, well, well…it’s been forever and a day since I posted. Geez…almost 5 months?!?!? I just was so consumed in everything that I never really got to blog about everything…living in the moment, I guess (plus, laziness and procastinating). Facebook and Instagram got updated pretty regularly though.
So, what’s been going on these last few months? Well, here it is in bullets:
- I fell off the healthy wagon. I gained all my weight back that I lost from when I did the Ultimate Reset. I am slowly getting back to eating better, but not having much success. I think I need a really structured plan to keep me going.
- I joined a 5k Training Group in May and am happy to report that I ran my 2nd 5k in August (my first 5k was last year when I was trying to train on my own). Ran another one 9/14 with a personal best of 34:52.12 11:15/M. I’m going to work on trying to get faster and also a 10k. My ultimate running goal is to run a Half Marathon.
- I started Focus T25 which is a 25 minute daily workout with Shaun T. (Insanity / Hip Hop Abs instructor). I did well the first few weeks then, of course, started slacking. I am 2 weeks from being finished so I’m working on doing my best. I want my shirt dagnabbit. I’m afraid my results aren’t as great as I wanted them to be because of my poor eating habits (oh summer bbqs and beers)!
- My parents finally came out to visit us in the middle of the cornfields this summer.
- Parents watched the girls while hubby and I had a quick getaway to Montego Bay, Jamaica…just the two of us. It was so weird not having to look for kids or feed kids or put kids to bed. It allowed us to reconnect and we just chilled all day and night. ahhhh…take me back!
- My dad, uncle and cousin got the girls into fishing!
- We had a few bbqs this summer where we introduced some Filipino dishes to our neighbors / guests (pork bbq stix, lumpia, etc.).
- Besides my parents, we had hubby’s cousin and my brother and his family come and visit us too :) Was quite a busy and entertaining summer!
- Went on a few roadtrips this summer both to take our visitors and just for us…Chicago x2, St. Louis and Indianapolis.
- Our neighborhood has had quite the turnover. It seems we kicked all the old people out and the ones with younger kids are moving in…which means that our kids are always outdoors playing and it’s great except I always have an eye out for Shrimp.
- My girls are back to school. Beans is now in 2nd grade and my little Razz started Kindergarten. I’m now home alone with 1 kid and it’s weird. Shrimpie is definitely a lot better without her sisters around. No hitting, screaming, etc
- Razz and Shrimp just had their joint birthday party a couple of weekends ago and fun was had by all. Razz turned 6 and Shrimp turned 3.
I think that pretty much sums it all up…I may make more detailed entries on some of these, but in the meantime, here are some pics