First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I do hope everyone had a great holiday season and a fantabulous New Year so far! We had a great Christmas and New Year full of decorating, baking, cooking and wrapping/opening presents. I am not ready to let go of Christmas yet. I can’t bring myself to bring down our tree and decorations, but I just have to keep reminding myself that dust…dust is our enemy. I am hoping to post recaps of the holidays soon, but today’s post is to update myself on my 4 Week Goal Accountability post.
4 Weeks Ago, I set these goals and by today, I was supposed to be able to say the following, confidently. Unfortunately, it was a lot harder than I anticipated and our holiday baking and cooking frenzy was no help. So the only things I have been able to accomplish are crossed out.
By January 10, 2013, I will be able to proudly say I:
- have worked out at least 4-6x/wk (Turbo/Gym) - only 2-3x/week.
- lost 10 lbs - actually gained 4lbs, but it feels like 10. my cheeks feel chubbier…my belly and thighs feel humungo!
- am able to do 10 push-ups with no knees YEAH BOSS! BIG CHECK on this one!
- am able to do 10 tricep push-ups - nope…only about 3.
- lost 2″ from my waist – scared to check, but I probably added 2”.
- drank 80 oz of water daily By far, the easiest since I love water.
- can run 1 mile straight – haven’t even tried.
- can finish CORE 20* (floor work) without stopping – haven’t tried either.
- limited bad carb in-take – baked goodies messed me up, big time!
- increased fruits and veggies – my body looks for salad…love it!
- made daily TO DO lists and prioritized Big CHECK on this…though my “priorities” don’t always get done did. I need to work on that now.
So, there you have it. 2 steps forward, 200 steps back. I wish I never tasted good pumpkin cheesecake (until this past Thanksgiving, I didn’t like anything pumpkin). Once I tasted the (expensive) pumpkin cheesecake, I decided to try to save money and make one myself and darn it, it turned out great! I didn’t realize it was so crazy high in calories! I mean, I knew it was high, I didn’t think 1/12th of a cheesecake could be over 400 calories!
Anyway, I am keeping at this this and if I don’t do some kind of “reset”, by February 7 I will need to cross more things off this list. I really need to focus and make a change. My cholesterol needs to go down. I do not want to go on medication if I can help it. I repeat, I DO NOT want to go on medication.
So, I’ve started to take steps and log my food in myfitnesspal.com and am going to try to burn at least 600 calories at the gym tonight…