1 week ago

One week ago is when I wrote my last post where I said I would fill you in on my Black Friday adventure later on in the day or over the weekend.  Well, I got kind of caught up and busy…so, here goes my late update.

 One week ago was Black Friday.  First of all, I slept around 1am on Thanksgiving and I got up at 4:40am – before the alarm clock went off. to get in line at a local Staples by parents’ house.  Long story short, I got there before 6am.  There was a long line that went in front of the Best Buy (I initally thought the line was for Best Buy).  I got INSIDE not even 5 minutes after it opened and by the time I got to the aisle I needed to go to, the stuff I stood in line for were gone. 

What, prey tell, did I get up for that early in the morning?  A 4GB flash drive for $17.78, 50 recordable DVDs for under $6.00 and a 500GB external hard drive for $79.90 something.  They were all in the same area and the hard drive and dvds were even set up on a special table.  That special table only had the pictures left by the time I got ther eand that was NOT even 5 minutes after the store opened. 

To make matters worse, people were greedy.  I mean REALLY greedy…I saw one guy walking around with a stack of flash drives and another one with a few in his cart.  I wanted to “accidentally” bump into one of those guys to wipe the smug look off of their faces and whilst doing so, grab a couple of flash drives.  I just wanted to buy 2.  2.  1 for me and 1 for my mom.  2.  Not 10 or 8.  2.

And even worse?  People didn’t take a shower (obviously, it was WAY too early), but hey…they could have taken one the night before OR at least put some deodorant on.  That takes all of 2 seconds and if they were worried about losing their place in line because of having to spend an extra 2 seconds in the bathroom before leaving, they should have just brought the deodorant with them and put it on in the  car.    B.O. is not a smell I like stuck in my nose =/

The day wasn’t all awash though…I ended up getting a new desk and chair.  When I got home, I tried my luck on the website and lo and behold, I could have just ordered online in the first place.  Granted, it took a LONG time (about an hour or so) of trying and hanging and whatever, but at least I would not have had to go out into the cold, get in line and get the smell of B.O. stuck in my nose.


Your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s