I have so much I want to write about and I have no idea where to start. Of course, now that I am finally here writing, I am faced with not only knowing where to begin, but now I am also drawing a blank. Go figure.
I guess I’ll begin with Valentine’s Day which is in exactly 1 week (of course, I didn’t realize until I saw my calendar when I was accepting a meeting invite). The hubster and I don’t really go all out with this holiday b/c well, in my opinion, it really shouldn’t be one. I always believed that you shouldn’t have a holiday remind you to tell your loved one(s) you love him/her(them). You should do that everyday. Now, while I still believe that, I am starting to understand why reminders are needed.
Just speaking for myself, my head spins in 7 different directions on any given day. From taking care of the girls, to doing chores and to working, my head is constantly on the “go”. Here are just some things that are in and out of my head all day long…
- How do I keep them busy while I work without sitting them in front of TV (suggestions accepted)?
- How do I keep them occupied and quiet while I’m on a conference call?
- Which chore do I do first? Laundry? Dusting? Sweeping?
- Which room do I clean first? What should I take out for dinner?
- What will Beans and I eat for lunch?
- Who do I need to call today (GHOSTBUSTERS!…sorry)?
- Will I be able to sneak out for 45 minutes to workout?
- What groceries do we need?
- What do we need to pack (if we’re going somewhere over the weekend – which has been a pretty common occurence since the holidays)?
- Did Beans pee lately? Is that poop I smell?
- Did Razz eat lately? When was the last time I changed her diapie again?
Where am I getting at with all of this? Well, there is so much going on with all aspects of my so called life that yes, sometimes, I forget to tell pDaddy that I do love him. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is that I get it. I get why there has to be this holiday. It’s serves as a reminder. You shouldn’t need one, but fact of the matter is, sometimes you just do. However, it doesn’t make it right to make it all about Hallmark, Tiffany’s and Godiva (but you know, I won’t give it back either…hehe).
ps – it’s Valentine’s – with an “N” not Valentime’s – with an “M”. Get it? Got it? Good.