One of the longest weeks…

Razz got Christened on Sunday, March 2nd. It was a crazy day to say the least. Due to time constraints, we had to go to restaurant first, then the Church and then back to the restaurant. We had the reservations from 12-4:30pm, but we couldn’t get our priest until 2pm. It was confusing, but all good in the end. Everyone had their fill 🙂

However, the day wasn’t all fine and dandy. There was drama. BIG drama and I’m still not sure how to handle it b/c really? It didn’t have to go down like that on Razz’ day. But, there was happiness. At the end of the day, it was good. We redeemed the rest of the day and made it all about Razz b/c well, it was her day after all. Poor girl got really hot so she ended up wearing her onesie most of the time instead of her beautiful Philippine style / made Christening gown. At least we got some pictures of her in it 🙂  pDaddy was looking dapper and I need to learn how to walk / wear heels again.  My feet were killing me!

So, that was Sunday. We got home and we were drained.

As of Monday night, “Mum” (my mom) was in the hospital for a Cardiac Cath to be done on Tuesday. Turns out she was supposed to get it done on Monday b/c the Doctor was only available there on Mondays and Wednesdays. So, they couldn’t do it until Wednesday. On Wednesday, they found a blockage on her Left Main Artery. It was 70%-75% blocked. That means only 1/3 or 1/4 of heart was working right. Next to this blockage, they found an aneurysm. On Thursday, they moved her to a different hospital since that aneurysm made her high risk. At this hospital, they would determine whether or not they would do an Angioplasty and insert a stent (my dad went through this last year and had 3 stents put in, but not on his main artery) or if they would have to do open heart surgery on her b/c of the aneurysm.

They decided to do the Angioplasty, but had a surgical team on stand by just in case something happened and they needed to give her Open Heart Surgery. Thank goodness all is well so far and we hope it stays that way. She is finally at home and resting. She is finally waking up with NO headaches and her blood pressure is a lot lower. The prayers have been endless.

What an exhausting week. My body was / is so drained. Add to that a cold / cough that I caught from my beautiful girls and I am just ready to curl up in bed.


2 thoughts on “One of the longest weeks…

  1. Pingback: Dad in the ER…again… « bzmomma’s ramblings - “life happens”

Your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s