I know, it’s been a LONG-LONG-LONG-LONG while. I’m pretty disappointed in myself for not blogging more often, but like I said, “life happens”. I wish I did blog more though because I would love to have been able to look back at the past year via this blog…But, it is what it is. Life was just crazy busy and then when it was winding down, I didn’t know where to begin until now.
I still don’t know where to begin, but I guess I’ll give a rundown of what’s been going on in the past 6 months…well, as much as I can remember anyway.
Let’s see…last I wrote was in April? So let’s start in May…
- Mother’s Day – Celebrated @ my parents’ and by watching pDaddy in his Opening Game playing league Basketball. Since it was Mother’s Day and most of the team either had children (so their wives wanted their Mother’s Day “right” or had their own moms, there were only 5 of them who showed up to play. Yes, 5. They played the entire 2 half game (20 minutes each) with no subs, nothing. They actually were doing well, but finally ran out of gas in the last 5 minutes and lost 😦
- Santa Cruzan Parade – Filipino/Roman Catholic Parade in honor of the Mama Mary. The girls were flower girls.
- Memorial Day – BBQ @ my parents’ w/family and friends in and out of the bball league
- Worked like CRAZY this month. I mean I was logging in over 60/70 hour weeks. Too bad I don’t get paid OT. I worked so much I had to go to my parents’ house so my mom could watch the girls while I worked. It was very common for me to sleep at 1 or 2 am and be back online by 8 or 8:30. I would only take breaks to use bathroom and help my mom feed the girls. I would even eat and work at the same time.
- Father’s Day – BBQ @ my parents’.
- My older sister married her second husband on one of the hottest days…in a non-denominational church w/no air conditioning…while I was in a strapless, but floor length gown…in which I was having an EXTREMELY “fat” day…ugh I hate those! Poor Beans was a flower girl and even though she didn’t have a floor length dress, she was all kinds of hot as well. But, I have to give it up to her, she did well overall.
- We went to the Philippines for 3 weeks. Finally, a vacation. It’s been so long since we were on vacation. The girls did well on the plane (total travel time of 21-22 hours + getting dropped off early to depart and waiting around for almost an hour and half to pick up luggage and get picked up).
- Not too much…My SD turned 13. I teased my husband and said he’s old for having a teeny-bopper…and said he made me a young mom. lol…
- I am working like crazy again. Like I always say, this is like tax season for accountants in our line of work.
- My dad celebrated his bday on Labor Day @ my parent’s house.
- My uncle celebrated his 64th bday and now we keep singing, “Will you still love me? Will you still need me? When I’m 64”.
- RAZZ celebrated her 1st Bday! Yes, little miss divalicious princess turned 1! (definitely more on this on another post sooner rather than later 🙂 ).
And now we are in October. What are the highlights this month?
- I’ll still be working a lot.
- It’s Spa Week next week 🙂
- BEANS will be 3 on the 27th!!! 3! She’s turning 3!!!
- I’ll be turning 31 on the 30th. 31! I’m turning 31!!!
Maybe one day, I’ll go back and post about all of these past activities/incidents/occasions in more detail, but for now? I think that’s a good enough for a 6 month recap 😀