Razz is now 22 months old. I feel like such a slacker-mom for not updating her developments as of late, but believe me, girlfriend’s moving along just fine and is a smart little cookie.
- Letters. She’s almost got all her letters down. She’ll still confuse “X” with “Y” or “K” and “Z” with “N”, but that’s expected (and could be my handwriting too…lol).
- Colors. She knows her colors, for the most part. The first thing she says when she sees me change out of pajamas is the color of my shirt.
- Shapes. She comes up to me a gazillion times a day with her little Doodle Pro and asks me to write her letters and shapes. Why is it she has triangle, heart, star, moon, flower, butterfly, diamond, and tree down, but still gets confused with square, circle and rectangle? She knows what they are, but still gets them wrong every now and then. I’ll say, “no, try again” when she gets it wrong and 9 out of 10 times, she’ll get right.
- Active lil’ bugger! She loves to run around and play tag w/her sister. She loves to play hide and seek and hop scotch (she struggles w/her balance a bit, but it’s still too cute). She loves the playground never wants to leave. Her faves are the slide and swing. She loves to mimic her sister’s TKD moves (kicks and punches) and adds in a “hai-ya!” too.
- Girlile-Girl. She is a girlie-girl…much more than Beans was at this age/stage. Her favorite color is Pink. She knows all the Disney Princesses (well, we tried to avoid that w/Beans at an early age, but she got to know them b/c we finally started to introduce them to Beans lately). She loves to play dress up.
- Eater. Girl can eat! I mean REALLY eat! Everyone loves feeding her b/c she just has an awesome appettite and she will let you know when she is hungry. “Mommy, eat? Eat? Hungry!”
- Words/Sentences. This has to be what has surprised us the most. Her vocabulary seems to have developed 10-fold in just a few weeks plus, she’s saying sentences now! Granted, she’s not making speeches, but we still get caught of guard when she’ll just say something like “Beans turn” or “My turn” or “I dunno” or “we swimming? need diapie! bathingsuit!” or “I’m sorry Mommy/Daddy (whomever)” and follows that up w/a hug and kiss. The best – “I ub u Mommy/Daddy” and “I miss you Mommy/Daddy”. Sometimes, we can’t even believe she’s fully understanding us and vice-versa.
We bought her a potty, but am not too sure if she’s really ready for it yet. She doesn’t have full on solid poopies yet (TMI? sorry!) and she still can’t pull the Pull-Ups down yet on her own. She likes to just sit on the potty. We tried taking it off and having her sit, but nothing yet. She’d rather sit on it w/a diapie on, but we still can’t tell if she’s peeing in her diapie while sitting or just wants to sit on her throne. Beans was a little easier to train b/c I knew her routine. She drank a lot of milk before bed and even during the night so first thing in the morning, she would have to pee. Razz doesn’t really drink all that much before bed and nothing through the night so I’m not sure when it is she has to go. Sometimes, I’ll go to change her in the morning and she’s still dry!
The only thing buggin’ me is when it’s time to brush her teeth. She HATES it. Well, she likes it when pDaddy does it, but not me. But, I’m the one that still does it more and I can’t get it to the cleanliness I like and…unfortunately, it’s starting to show 😦 Her teeth look like she’s the one that drank too much milk overnight and not Beans when it’s really the opposite. Someone said it was all that breastmilk overnight. I did just wean her in April so maybe??? Any ideas on how to “fix” her teeth? I can’t find a dentist close by that has patients under the age of 6. I may have to take a trip to my parents’ town b/c I think they check kids as young as 1 or 2. Such a shame b/c she does make the cutest faces and has such a pretty smile…