I finally took a leap and went back to school this summer. I only have an Associates degree and never finished getting my Bachelors. I’ve had my professional position and career for almost 16 years so obviously, my employer(s) didn’t / don’t mind. It is more for self satisfaction. I can’t get over the fact that I don’t have this one piece of paper that says I have a Bachelors in blah-blah-blah. Instead, I am going to stress myself out and possibly put myself in debt for said piece of paper. This isn’t my first attempt…I attempted to go back to school in 2012, but the whole moving process derailed me and then bam! Time flew on by and here I am, 3 years later, finally here and doing it.
I was overly ambitious at first, taking 3 classes in the summer. Summer sessions are only 8 weeks in duration so it’s much double time. I decided to drop one before the deadline because I realized I wouldn’t be able to spend quality time with my girls while they were off if I kept on with the 3 classes. Just in the 2nd week now and I’m thinking maybe I should have dropped 2 and just stuck to 1! It’s pretty intense, y’all. Why?
B) haven’t been to school since 2004.
C) now have 3 kids all home for the summer.
D) “single-momming” it for the most part since pDaddy took a job out of state.
E) still working full time from home.
F) OLD (did I say that already? I’m going senile too, I guess).
G) going back to point “D”. “single-momming” it is no joke. I don’t know how you real single moms/miiitary wives handle it…Hubby came home for a weekend after a month and I was overcome with joy and chores for him to do! ahahahah Seriously though, I had to add some of his chores (mowing the lawn, etc.) to my already long list PLUS school. I think I’m a glutton for punishment.
WHY else would I be getting all anxious and stressed?
I am OVERLY analytical by nature. I mean, it is my profession as well (systems analyst), but throwing multiple choice questions at me has me in an anxiety ridden state. I end up finding the “correct” answer in at least 2 of the options because I could argue both (or more) sides of said options. I have been in a position to “think outside of the box” – to find a way to go around the problem/solution. I have been used to questioning requirements and see if I can find loop holes and faults. i know how to find a way to “break” something when I have to dual role as a systems analyst and tester.
pDaddy and my parents always said I should have been a lawyer, but as I’m studying Business “Legalese” this semester where in the first 3 chapters, we study different kinds of laws and courts of law, etc…I don’t know. Even when there is a final answer, I don’t find it finite. It’s not like Math – where 1+1 = 2 (let’s not start on Common Core now). I mean really, I like things cut and dry. Multiple Choice answers make me stressed out and anxious. At least give me an “if – then” statement or condition or have a viable way to argue my answer choice instead of giving me a red X when I choose the “wrong” one. UGH. Where’s my wine!?!?!
ANYWHHHAAAYYY…let me get off my school soapbox for a minute and just do some catching up…
I’m debating on whether or not to fully resurrect this blog or create just a whole new one entirely. I can’t even think of a new site name or new “moniker” so I guess I’m answering my own question and sticking to this for now.
Brief run down on me…
In the past year or so, I’ve:
- taken a liking to Zumba so I’m also trying to keep that on the schedule whilst adjusting to not having pDaddy working from home. This means that I can’t get my Zumba on if I am inundated with work-work and/ school-work nor can I go if any of the girls are sick b/c I can’t just leave them with pDaddy anymore. I feel my inner diva comes out when in Zumba.
- run the best race I have in a LONG time – injury free too! Still over 2 minutes slower than my best, but I will take slow over injury! This was also over a month ago 😦 Best race in 2 years and I haven’t really run since. pDaddy took his out of state job shortly (monday after my saturday race) after that. I should just run in the gym on a treadmill, but that goes in line w/girls not being sick and poor Shrimpie was sick w/a fever for a full week and then almost 2 weeks after that on and off.
- come into my own in my Bullet Journal. It’s not the original way, but it works for me and is pretty here and there 😉
- spent WAY too much on craft / art / stationery supplies. I don’t even want to calculate. Nope, not going to happen.
- slowly been getting into “plannering” and all the inks and planner stamps that come with it.
- not spent much in the realm of make-up/beauty products *ANGELS sing*…not that I’ve saved tho 😦 That spending got diverted to craft stuff mentioned above.
- seen one of the most beautiful places in the world – El Nido, Palawan Philippines when we went to the Philippines back in February for pDaddy’s cousin’s wedding and grandma’s 90th birthday celebration/reunion. Got to also swim with sea turtles which was also pretty amazing!
- discovered new music. LOVE “Hot Sardines“. No shame in my game admitting that I discovered them through the Starbucks app. Glad the world is finally catching up to “PMJ” and I also love “Us the Duo“. What an amazingly, talented couple AND she’s Filipina to boot 😉 Holler (wait, do all the cool kids still say that? totally aged myself again, me thinks).
- made new friends.
- gained weight, lost weight, gained weight, lost weight, lather, rinse, repeat.
- started to get comfortable in my own skin even with the weight fluctuation. I mean, I wish I still looked like I did back in the early 2000s, but hey, I can sit here and argue, I had 3 kids since then, etc…Fact of the matter is, yes, I do have 3 kids and the last one made my stomach a luxury townhouse building, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.
A whole slew of other things have been going on as well, but let’s stop there for now.